Welcome to HTX Surf
Coming soon to Generation Park in Houston, Texas.
HTX Surf is going to make Houston, Texas the go-to surfing and action sport destination in America. Anchored by perfect waves which peel the length of two football fields, HTX Surf will also provide international food and drink options, pump track, training and wellness facilities, music and event lawns, a leisure pool and beach club, and a membership club. We create a relaxed, ocean front environment that is guaranteed to feature highly on the must-visit lists of surfers and beach enthusiasts. In addition to being a place where friends and family can surf perfect waves both big and small, HTX Surf will literally bring a beautiful beach and resort experience to the center of Houston, Texas. Join us at HTX and come “Surf, Eat, Relax, Repeat”.
Drawing inspiration from the world’s most exciting surf locations, HTX Surf is a dream surfing destination blessed with guaranteed waves, surrounded by a beautiful relaxing beach environment. The endless surf lagoon is the centerpiece of HTX surf, offering long, perfect peeling waves in all shapes and sizes appealing to seasoned surfers, beginners, and everyone in between. The endless surf lagoon will allow HTX surf to program and create every section of the wave offering ideal swell, every single day, in Houston. The 360-degree boardwalk offers optimal viewing zones directly adjacent to the main wave. Even those who are not in the water will feel like they are part of the lineup. The unique flexibility of the endless surf wave-making technology will help make HTX Surf the ultimate surf destination right here in Houston, Texas!
SIZE AND SHAPE
- Controllable wave heights up to 2.1m/7ft
- Precision to adjust the angle and speed of the wave
- Unlimited caisson sequencing, meaning an almost endless variety of wave types
- State-of-the-art current management means higher quality waves with a limited pool
- Flexible wave interval management means waves can be generated every 8 -16+
- Capable of delivering 400-700 waves per hour
- Preloaded wave types recreate waves seen at world-class surf breaks
- Long rides, up to 24 seconds in Single Peak operating mode
- Advanced, intermediate, and beginner surf zones ensure quality sessions for any skill-
The Shore for Beginner & Novice Surfers
(Green & Yellow)
The Peak for Intermediate & Expert Surfers
(Black, Red & Blue)
HTX Surf will be located in Generation Park, a forward-thinking master-planned development in Northeast Houston. The beautiful 15 – acre site sits just inside Beltway 8 with all amenities close by, including a 25 – acre stocked fishing lake just across the street. HTX Surf is easy to get to and just 25 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from George Bush International Airport.
The amenities and experiences at HTX Surf will rival a best day on the water, whether you’re an expert or new to the sport.
HTX Surf is being designed, developed, and operated by experts from Beach Street. The Beach Street team is comprised of individuals who love surfing and have real-life experience building and operating man-made surf destinations. With Team members based both in California and Texas, HTX Surf will be authentic to what is important. For more information on Beach Street ’ s experience and current projects please visit BeachStreetDev.com
- Co-Founder & Partner at DSRT Surf
- Founded Surf Park Central—the leading surf park focused media resource in the world. Co-Founder of Surf Park Summit
- Consulted on surf destination projects around the world for over 10 years
- Currently Co-Chairs the CDC Model Aquatic Health Code committee drafting water quality standards and regulatory policy for the USA
- Served as Director of Biz Dev at American Wave Machines
- 25+ Years experience in Real Estate and Finance
- Former Portfolio Manager for over $3B in assets
- Former Mayor and City Council member for City of Solana Beach, CA
- Served as Director for Firewire Surfboards
- Long time Director at ocean conservation organization, Wildcoast and former Director at biodiversity conservation organization, Nature & Culture International.
- General Manager of Kelly Slater Surf Ranch prior to joining Beach Street
- Led Surf Ranch to best year ever setting benchmarks in finance and guest survey metrics, despite pandemic in 2020
- 30+ Years in Action Sport Hospitality, 25 of those as a General Manager, 6 of those specifically managing Surf Destinations
- Multiple Certifications in Operations, Aquatics and Water Safety
- 25 years of experience in diverse roles spanning; principal investing, capital raising and startup company leadership
- Former U.S. Coast Guard Officer: served in offshore engineering, boarding officer, and environmental protection & remediation positions
- Stanford MBA with successful 15-year career in combined private equity and portfolio company leadership roles
- Recent CEO of an energy services company
- Founder of NLand Surf Park, the first public man-made surf lagoon in the country.
- CEO of Eden Golf.
- 20 Years of experience with CoorsTek prior to opening Nland.
- Helped create the Artificial Lagoon Code with the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 25-year veteran in the hospitality industry.
- Former Hospitality Director for the Kelly Slater Surf Ranch.
- 10-years experience with ACE Hotels
- Former Director of Hospitality & Culture for Pali Hotels
- Former Director of Operations for LINE hotel in Los Angeles.
These guys were so ahead of the curve with their homework, I was just really impressed.